RUSSIA – Annual Quota Application Deadlines Imminent
The deadlines are approaching for companies submitting standard work permit quota applications for hiring visa-required foreign nationals in 2018, and for quota adjustment.
Applying for a quota is not required for hiring highly qualified specialists (HQS).
Quota Application Deadlines
- The deadline for submitting quota applications for 2018 is 26 June 2017 in Moscow and 15 July 2017 in St Petersburg.
- The deadline for adjustments to the quota for 2017 is 25 August 2017 in Moscow and 15 September in St Petersburg.
- The period for adjustments to the quota for 2018 in Moscow is 9-27 October 2017.
Some positions are not subject to a quota:
1. Aircraft and radio-electronic equipment engineer ; 2. Aircraft and engine engineer; 3. Ballet dancer; 4. Ballet dancer (principal dancer); 5. Actor; 6. Orchestra musician; 7. Symphony (chamber) orchestra musician; 8. Circus performer; 9. Performing artist-vocalist (opera and chamber); 10. Performing artist-vocalist (lead singer); 11. Assistant director (filmmaker); 12. Assistant artistic director; 13. Choreographer; 14. Presenter; 15. General director of joint-stock company; 16. General director of general directorate; 17. General Director of the inter-branch scientific and technical complex; 18. Director General of the Association; 19. General Director of the enterprise; 20. General Director of the Production Association; 21. Chief engineer (manufacturing industry) 22. Chief Project Engineer; 23. Director (head) of hotel (camping, resort); 24. Director (head) of branch; 25. Top management director (head, authorised person); 26. Enterprise director (head, manager); 27. Director of joint-stock company; 28. Facility director (tourism); 29. Department director; 30. Plant director; 31. Director of association; 32. Director of economic affairs; 33. Director of representative office; 34. Factory director; 35. Firm director; 36. Conductor; 37. Deputy chairman of board; 38. Sound engineer; 39. Sound producer; 40. Interior Engineer; 41. Engineer in Aviation and Radio-electronic Equipment; 42. Automation and mechanisation of processes engineer; 43. Automated systems and production management engineer; 44. Automated systems for management of production processes engineer; 45. Engineer for implementation of new technology; 46. Data protection engineer; 47. Quality engineer; 48. Commissioning and testing engineer; 49. Production management engineer; 50. Production preparation engineer; 51. Engineer in aircraft and engines; 52. Welding Engineer; 53. Engineer for the operation of aircraft (aircraft systems); 54. Engineer-constructor; 55. Design engineer; 56. Process Engineer; 57. Electrical Engineer; 58. Ringmaster (presenter); 59. Tourist coordinator; 60. Correspondent; 61. Reporter for publishers, newspapers, magazines; 62. Manager (catering and hotels); 63. Headwaiter (floor manager); 64. Travel organiser (excursions); 65. Technical translator; 66. Stunt coordinator; 67. Chairman of the Board; 68. President of association (concern, corporation, socio-economic organisation); 69. Programmer; 70. Producer; 71. Director; 72. Ballet tutor; 73. Head of group (clubs, teams, amateur associations, studios, tourist groups); 74. Drilling technician; 75. Commissioning and testing technician; 76. Choreographer; 77. Art director; 78. Head chef.
- Employers in Russia hiring, or planning to hire, visa-required foreign nationals with a standard work permit, should note this year’s deadlines for submitting quota applications, and the quota exemptions.