ISRAEL - New Long-Term Multiple-Entry Visa for Indian Business Persons
Effective immediately, the Israeli Ministry of Interior will issue a multiple-entry B-2 visitor visa for qualifying Indian business persons, valid for up to five years, for stays of up to 90 days at a time. Normally, B-2 visitor visas for Indian nationals are valid for a single entry, and for a stay of up to 30 days.
How to qualify
- The sponsoring company must be active and duly registered in the Indian Company Registry for at least six months prior to the filing of the B-2 Visa application.As stated in the regulation, permissible business activity includes: "participating in business meetings, engaging in negotiations, investing in Israel, buying or selling Israeli companies, participating in conferences and conducting market research".
- The regulation makes it clear that productive work in Israel is not allowed under this visa, including but not limited to: supply of any products, provision of any service including manpower services, generally working in country or serving as the company's permanent representative in Israel.
How to apply
- The application should be submitted at an Israeli consulate, and requirements will be at the discretion of the consulate of application.
- Emphasis will be placed upon the individual's prior stays in Israel as well as the type of business, international presence and overall reputation of the sponsoring organization.
- Currently there are three Israeli Consulates in India which can process the visa: New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Business travellers who may qualify, and their employers, should consult an immigration specialist for more specific advice.