RUSSIA – Reminder: Address Registration Within 24 Hours During FIFA World Cup 2018
From 25 May 2018 to 25 July 2018, increased security measures will be enforced in connection with the 2018 FIFA World Cup in the territory of the following cities:
Kaliningrad, Kazan, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Saint Petersburg, Samara, Saransk, Sochi, Volgograd and Yekaterinburg.
Failure to register in time may result in fines and possible deportation from Russia.
The heightened security measures include the following special rules for migration registration of foreign nationals, which may change in case of the adoption of legal acts currently under consideration:
- The migration registration of foreigners should be carried out within one day following the day of their arrival in the specified cities. This applies to those arriving both from abroad and from other cities and regions of Russia;
- This procedure applies to all foreigners including Highly Qualified Specialists (HQS) and their family members, nationals of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), foreign nationals arriving under business purposes and residence permit holders;
- An exemption exists for foreign nationals included on FIFA lists.
- Migration registration is to be performed only by local divisions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia (MIA), and not via the post service or multifunction centres (MFC);
- Foreign employees are to be registered at the address of their employer, dependents at the address of the apartment where they stay.
- If possible, foreign nationals should avoid entering the specified cities during the stated period;
- If the trip is necessary, foreign nationals should avoid entering these cities on Fridays and Saturdays, to avoid the registration period falling on the weekend;
- If foreign nationals enter these cities before the reinforced security measures take effect, they should be registered before 25 May (in accordance with unofficial recommendations given by the representatives of the Head Migration Department of MIA);
- During stays in these cities, foreign nationals should be sure to carry their passport, migration card, the detached part of their notification on arrival (migration registration document), any work permit or work patent, receipts confirming tax on income payments (for work patent holders), and their labour contract (if working without a work permit or passport).