UNITED KINGDOM – New Application Service Announced for Work and Study Visas
On 17 May 2018, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) announced that it had awarded a contract to French outsourcing specialist Sopra Steria, to deliver a new service for applications for work and study visas, settlement and citizenship from within the UK, from October 2018.
How will it work?
- Under the new arrangements, applicants will be able to submit biometric information, including photos, fingerprints and signatures, and their supporting evidence, at a single appointment at one of over 60 locations across the UK (including 56 local libraries).
- The evidence will then be copied and sent to UKVI, so that the applicant can keep their original documents, including passports, during processing.
- Applicants will also be able to upload their documents in advance of the appointment.
- UKVI Service Centres will continue to offer appointments for anyone who requires a face-to-face interview with a caseworker.
- Foreign nationals in the UK intending to apply for work and study visas, settlement and citizenship from the last quarter of 2018 should consult an immigration specialist for the latest details of the implementation of the new system.